Go for Gold!
Do you have what it takes to be an olympian?
Do you have a passion for sports? Explorers will dive into the physics behind the world’s greatest athletes and learn about new advancements in sports medicine and health and exercise science. Go for Gold! will provide hands-on learning opportunities from experts and Wake Forest University student athletes.
At a Glance
Dates: July 26 – 29
Who Can Apply?: 6th – 8th grade students
Program Length: Monday – Thursday
Program Time: 1:00 – 4:00 pm (EST)
Program Tuition: $595
*Courses carry no secondary school or college credit. Upon completion of the program, an official Wake Forest University certificate of achievement will be awarded to all Go for Gold! participants.
What You’ll Explore
- Sports Medicine
- Health and Exercise Science
- Athletic Training
- Health and Wellness
- Cardiovascular Anatomy Lab
- Strength & Conditioning Exercises
- Biomechanics Activity
- Sports Injury Simulation
- Nutrition Analysis
*Virtual experiences are subject to change.
Go for Gold! Cost
Online | $595
A Day in the Life
- 1:00 pm Explorers Log In
- 1:05 pm Introduction of Academic Partner & Group Icebreaker
- 1:15 pm Live lecture: Introduction to Athletic Training
- 2:00 pm Explorer Q & A
- 2:15 pm Explorers complete sports injury simulation
- 3:00 pm Guest speaker: Strength and Conditioning Coach
- 3:30 pm Deacon Discussion – Break Out Rooms
- 3:55 pm Debrief
- 4:00 pm Explorers Log Off
*The “A Day in the Life” sample schedule is subject to change.